[MYANMAR] Miss Burma Htet Htet Htun First To Takes Home Best National Costume at 65th Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 2017!
Cosmobeauté would like to congratulate Ms. Htet Htet Htun, as the first Burmese contestant to win the best national costume award in 65th Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 2017 recently held in Philippines. She was also one of the VIPs present at Cosmobeauté Myanmar 2016 opening ceremony.
Photo source from Hollywood Life by Bonnie Faller
Photo source from asiaone women
Photo source from eaglenews.ph
Photo taken at Cosmobeauté Myanmar 2016
Her costume was inspired by traditional Myanmar puppetry that weigh approximately 35 kg and the designer, Lazing Gam Htoi has successfully brought the traditional Myanmar puppetry alive in show representing Myanmar’s heritage.
During the show, Ms. Htet Htet Htun wows audience with her puppet-style dance while she was carrying her small puppet stage. “I am proud of this win for my country. I am thankful to Htet Htet Htun, that she was able to do what I told her to do on the stage. I am grateful to those who congratulate me as well as to those who criticize me,” said Lazing Gam Htoi.
Photo source from Miss Universe Facebook
Article source: The Irrawady, written by Thae Thae and posted at 31 January 2017
Photo source: Hollywood Life by Bonnie Faller
: Miss Universe Facebook
: asiaone women
Photo taken at Cosmobeauté Myanmar 2014
As Myanmar’s new government accelerates its efforts to open up the country's economy, it is attracting international brands and retailers. An expanding economy, rising incomes and the new middle class are fueling the growth of modern retail in the country.
Aeon store debuted in Yangon
Aeon, the first foreign entity to operate retail stores in the country, entered the market by setting up a joint venture with one of the top three retail chains Orange, an operator of 14 supermarkets. The Japanese retailer plans to open 10 new outlets within five years.
The first Aeon Orange store has a sales area of 613 sqm, selling about 8,000 products. About 70% of the products are imported, with the remaining 30%, mainly fresh foods, coming from Myanmar. Of the imported products, around 80 items are imported from Japan, including Aeon's very own Topvalu private label to provide high quality Japanese products at affordable prices.
City Mart opened its fourth Marketplace by City Mart
City Mart is the biggest retail operator in Myanmar with more than 180 outlets. Its multiple formats of retail businesses include City Mart supermarkets, Ocean hypercenters, City Express convenience stores, bookstores, health & beauty stores, baby and maternity specialty stores as well as a café and bakery.
As the retailer celebrates its 20th anniversary, the CEO Daw Win Win Tint said the company would focus efforts on offering quality products and services to Myanmar consumers at the best value for money.
Significant expansion of store network is expected, especially in convenience. The goal is to have 200 City Express locations by 2018, from the current number of about 40.
Grab & Go launched store directory for Pokemon players
Grab & Go (G & G) is the convenience retail arm of Capital Diamond Star Group, one of the country’s largest business groups with businesses from agriculture to real estate. In retail sector, it also operates hypermarket and supermarkets under Capital banner and pharmacies under Wellington, besides the 100 G & G stores.
The convenience stores operate 24 hours and welcome Pokeman players to hang out at their stores at night. On its Facebook page, it posted the store directory for Pokeman players looking for action and gatherings. 20 lucky players will also receive free coffee from 9-11 pm.
With more than 50 million consumers and enormous growth potential, Myanmar is not a market to be ignored.
When it comes to the beauty treatment enjoyed by the local Burmese, it ranges from hair care, nail care, facials, waxing, threading, eyebrow shaping and the list goes on … till the introduction of aesthetic services recently.
CosmoAesthetic – a highly anticipated seminar on essential management skills for Aesthetic Clinic will be held during Cosmobeauté Myanmar 2017 at Novotel Yangon Max Hotel, for the first time.
This aesthetic seminar will gather well-known and professional dermatologists and aesthetic doctors from Asia to give insights on topic like regarding Aesthetic field which will be very useful for doctors and aesthetic centers owners.
Stay tuned for more updates!